Take the “Soldiers of Christ” Online Quizzes
Watch/Listen to “Soldiers of Christ” Sunday Night Lessons
Introducing Soldiers of Christ
“Soldiers of Christ” is a unique system of learning the Bible that focuses on learning and memorizing key information about and from all 66 books of the Bible. The format is designed to easily read, easily review and easily quiz yourself, in order to become a strong, good and pleasing soldier. The program was written for and used by the Palm Beach Lakes church of Christ on Sunday nights. The congregation studied through the Bible together, learning the Key Facts, Key Chapters, Key Locations and Memory Verses. This can be a useful tool for Congregational Study, but it is perfectly designed for use by Bible classes, small groups, married couples, and families with children.
Four Categories of Study
The Biblical information in your “Field Manual” is divided into four categories for easy study:
1. Key Facts: These are facts about Bible books, characters and stories that are helpful to have
written on your heart as a faithful Bible student. There are Bible references included with each of the facts for your continued study, but it is not necessary to memorize these with each answer.
2. Key Chapters: These are helpful chapters to have memorized, so that you know generally where to find major Bible stories and doctrines.
3. Key Locations: These are specific Bible references to have memorized, so that you can turn
directly to some very helpful and fundamental Biblical teachings. You may not have this verse
memorized, but you know where to find it.
4. Memory Verses: These are useful and beneficial passages to have committed to memory, for both personal devotion and for teaching others.
Three Levels of Study
“Soldiers of Christ” is written for Bible students on all levels of study, from the beginner to the advanced student. Each major division of the Bible (ex: Books of Moses, Books of History, etc.) is divided into three levels of study (named for the three Old Testament roles that Christ fulfilled in the New Testament):
1. The “Prophet” Level: This is intended to be the easiest set of questions on the Bible passages and stories being studied. This level is for everyone to learn, even if some do not advance to other levels.
2. The “Priest” Level: This is intended to be a mid-range set of questions on the Bible passages and stories being studied. This level is for those who have learned the information on the “Prophet” Level and want to advance to additional study.
3. The “King” Level: This is intended to be the toughest set of questions on the Bible passages and stories being studied. This level is for those who have learned the information on the “Prophet” and “Priest” Levels and want to advance to additional study.
Ideally, all Bible students would strive to learn all of the information contained in their “Field Manual.” An understanding and grasp of the information on all levels of study will help one to be a stronger “Soldier of Christ.” (The names of the levels are not intended to convey greater value to one over another.)
Three Key Questions
Where do I need to put the Bible?
“Your word I have hidden in my heart, That I might not sin against You!”
What does the Bible do for me?
“Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.”
Why do I need to study the Bible?
“Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
(2 Timothy 2:15)
These three Bible passages underscore the importance of learning the Bible and using helpful tools,
like “Soldiers of Christ,” to commit Biblical truths to memory.
How to Obtain a “Field Manual”
The “Soldiers of Christ Field Manual” for the Old Testament is a 178-page, full-color, spiral-bound book that contains all of the Key Facts, Key Chapters, Key Locations and Memory Verses for Old Testament study, and it is color-tabbed into the major divisions of the Old Testament: Books of Moses, Books of History, Books of Poetry, Books of Prophecy. If you would like to have your own field manual, they are $20 each.
Please mail your payment with your name and mailing address to:
Palm Beach Lakes church of Christ
P.O. Box 33688
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33420